What our Guests say in 206 and 2017
- We loved the tranquility of Casa Cairucu, set right on the water in the bay. The house has everything you need- we enjoyed using the BBQ, the kayaks and snorkels. Being able to dive off the deck for a swim and kayak to a nearby bay was amazing. The setting is quite remote which is what we were after following a busy time in Rio. Paraty is a boat ride away from the house, a lovely colonial town. Casa Cairucu is ideal if you're looking for a getaway and to lose yourself for a few days.
- Casa no paraíso - Adoramos a experiência! Localização fantástica, em equilíbrio entre a natureza é o mar. O som das ondas nos acompanhando sempre. Foi maravilhoso explorar as prainhas de Kayak e ter a oportunidade de passear por Paraty. Parabéns pelo projeto! Sem duvida, um dosmelhores lugares onde nos hospedamos no Brasil. Grande abraço e até a próxima!
- We stayed at Casa Cairucu for 11 days in December/Jan and couldn't recommend it enough. The house is beautifully positioned, a 20min boat ride away from Paraty- right on the edge of the jungle and the see and the views are magnificent. The owner Simon was incredibly helpful in organising our stay and with tips on things to see and places to go when we were there and helping with car and boat transfers. We spent almost every morning going out on the boat with the wonderful Luis to discover the nearby islands and beaches which the children loved. The water is incredibly clear and warm and we did some great snorkelling- and twice saw Turtles from the pier at the house. There are lots of little beach restaurants for lunch serving very simple local fare. Before you arrive at the house you are sent a shopping list of things so the kitchen is well stocked upon your arrival, and the maid Adriana comes in every morning to make beds, do laundry and some cooking. The nearest shop is in Paraty so if you are staying a long time you do need to do another shop there one day as there is nothing near the house. There are two kayaks at the house which we used most days to go to local beaches or to visit the monkeys on the island opposite. Anyway all in all a great stay and incredibly helpful owners - we couldn't recommend it more highly.
- We stayed at Casa Cairucu for a week with friends and a whole bunch of kids. It was a dream holiday which exceeded my expectations in every way. The house and location are really beautiful and there is so much to do. We swam, snorkeled, kayaked, used SUPs, took boat trips to Paraty and various beaches and lagoons and walked through the rainforest to jaw-dropping local beaches. We saw rare golden lion tamarin moneys, turtles, dolphins and all kinds of brightly coloured fish and birds. The kids were in wildlife heaven! There is a great team on hand to look after guests. Adriana, the house keeper, took wonderful care of us. Harry translated and guided for us, whilst Louis is a boatman extraordinaire! And we ate like kings thanks to Adrianna and a number of small local restaurants that are easily accessible by boat. And there's an extra treat in store if you go swimming at night.... I would go back in a heartbeat!
- La casa es muy divina y la pasamos muy bien allí! Nos quedamos con ganas de volver. Estuvo todo muy bien, Adriana y su sobrina cocinan muy rico y Luis nos llevo a pasear, es muy serio y cuidadoso.
- We loved our time at the house once again. Harry, Adriana and Luis were incredibly helpful during our time there and really helped to make it a very relaxing break!
- Your house and the location are lovely and we all enjoyed our stay. You are very lucky to have such people as Harry, Adriana and Luis helping you, as they sure do look after your guests very well.
- Nuestra estadia estuvo muy agradable, el lugar y la casa son muy lindos y disfrutamos mucho de los kayaks. Queremos agradecerle especialmente a Harry por su disponibilidad y amabilidad, fue de mucha ayuda. Los felicitamos por la hermosa casa, y por que todo lo que promovieron en su pagina resulto tal cual las fotos y promesas.Esperamos volver en un futuro.
- Casa Cairucu was the perfect place to relax and spend Christmas with my family and I would highly recommend it. The villa is in a stunning location a 20 minute boat ride from paraty. It overlooks the bay with a lovely view from the deck and the 3 double bedrooms. There are hammocks to relax in and sun loungers which we used on the deck by the pier. The swimming is perfect from the pier and there is a small beach a short swim away. Adriana, the housekeeper, looked after us extremely well cooking delicious meals and her husband Luis took us on a great boat trip. Simon and Fabiola, the owners, were extremely helpful in organising our trip arranging a transfer for us from Sao Paolo airport with Claudio and arranging for food to be bought for us. Harry, a local guide, who met us in Paraty and took us to Casa Cairucu was excellent and arranged everything we needed. This is a very special place which I would highly recommend and would like to stay in again if we go back to Paraty.
- No te imaginas lo FELICES que nos has hecho con esta casa tan linda. Estamos disfrutando de todo como si fueran nuestros últimos días en el planeta (i.e. durmiendo 10 horas diarias, comiendo como si no existieran balanzas, nadando mucho, kayakeando, etc, etc, etc).
- We had a wonderful time. Thank you! What an amazing place. Adriana and Harry were brilliant and we didn't want to leave. Thanks for all your help in the lead up to our holiday and for letting us share your wonderful house.
- We had such an AMAZING time at your place, it really was the ideal kick off for what proved to be a perfect honeymoon. On our last night as we sat on the veranda looking out over a small fleet of fishing boats moored up nearby, listening to the sound of the waves lapping gently against the rocks below, Anna remarked, ‘I have honestly never stayed anywhere more romantic.’ Coming from her that is saying a lot.
- From the moment we were met by Harry we loved the house and it was perfect for a few days relaxation. Waking up and opening the shutters to that view is paradise and then you realise the house is all yours – loved it!
- A estadia ficou acima de nossa expectativa, foi realmente maravilhoso!
- Imperdível, carinho e profissionalismo! Uma casa linda, com vista exuberante, vizinha à praias e atrações incríveis, muito bem equipada, cuidado com cada detalhe e informações repassadas. Não dá vontade de sair de lá pra nada, não consegui nem visitar Paraty ou fazer umas atividades previstas porque a belas vistas dos quartos, o embalo da rede, o charme das varangas, os caiaques e stand ups acabaram nos prendendo por ali. E olha que o tempos estava ruim! Ainda por cima tivemos muita atenção da querida Adriana que nos ajuda até as 13h, facilitando tudo, dando dicas, etc. Custo benefício incrível se comparado a um hotel de luxo, com a diferença de ter mais privacidade e com instalações á altura
- i’d like to thank you a lot for perfect organization with Adriana, Harry and Luis. Your team in Paraty was really perfect to make our trip wonderful
- Beautiful views and stunningly diverse wildlife in tasteful and serene private villa - My girlfriend and I had the privilege of having Casa Cairucu all to ourselves but there was plenty of room for three couples or more. The house is well equipped with a bbq, books, snorkelling and kayaking gear, stand up paddle boards etc. The house comes with a maid who cooks delicious local cuisine and keeps the very tastefully decorated house immaculate. Harry, a local guide and friend of the owners, is also on hand to provide any information you may need. We spent most of our time reading in the hammocks or kayaking around the local area. We were luck enough to spot dolphins, golden tamarin monkeys, capuchins and many other interesting animals. I particularly recommend a walk or kayak to one of the local beaches (40 mins) Praia Vermelha which is pretty much deserted in the mornings and you really feel like you are on a desert island.
- We had a great time at Casa Cairucu – the house is amazing and in an incredible location, the best place we stayed in South America. Harry the guide was very helpful, Luis the boatman was friendly and his wife Adriana who is the housekeeper and cook was excellent – she is an excellent cook and we enjoyed eating everything she prepared.
- The house was amazing. Simon was fantastic in the lead up, providing us with lots of information to prepare for our trip. The house was even better than it looks in the photos. It was magic. We saw turtles from the deck, heaps of fish, did stand up paddling from the jetty and relaxed in the hammocks. The services were like a hotel with the comfort of being in your own home. Simon's maid Adrianna cooked our lunch every day at no extra cost and her husband Luis took us out on his boat to see the wonders of Paraty. We would love to go back.
A few more of our favourite comments from past years...
We left Casa Cairucu yesterday after spending 11 wonderful days there. We really enjoyed the house and all the surrounding activities. Praia Vermelha was one of the best; seeing monkeys, sting rays, turtles, large iguanas, many fish and birds was definitly another highlight. Adriana was of great help as well as all the info you guys put in the memo you sent us. My wife and Kids love the place and we were all able to disconnect from the world for a few days and really spend some quality time together. Congrats for your wonderful house in Ponta Grossa. We hope to come back ourselves in the future.
We had an amazing time, thank you! Your house is simply beautiful and sat in one of my favourite parts of Brazil. We absolutely adored every aspect of our stay, Adriana was lovely, Harry extremely friendly and helpful, making us feel straight at home! We could not of asked for a better location or a more comfortable house. So I must thank you once again! Our friends also thought your house was amazing and will also be making a booking with you the next time they visit Paraty.
We had a wonderful time at Casa Cairucu and are delighted to have visited such a beautiful part of the world.
For someone from the UK Brazil is a very special country with Casa Caircuru an even more special private hideaway. From the moment you are whisked away from Paraty harbour in a fast skiff you are transported into your own private wilderness. Monkeys, fish, turtles and birds : so far away from the bustle of mainland life though only just over the hill feels like a world away. Switch off your mobiles , lap tops and watches and rise with the birds. Wonderful views, sunrises and sunsets and everything in between. Swim, fish, potter about on kayaks, take a boat trip to another island or beach. Kayak round to the local bar. The grand children loved it. This is your own little corner of paradise yet with all the creature comforts of a fancy hotel. The local staff could not be more helpful with nothing too much trouble. Paraty our little secret so sschh , don’t tell anybody….
We had a great time at your house, good for all ages 4-68! The kids particularly enjoyed the Kayaking and my eldest daughter, 9, swam back from the beach to the house one afternoon! She and my mum also saw a turtle during breakfast on the last morning but unfortunately I was in the kitchen and missed it.
We had a perfect stay in your beautiful home; thank you very much!
In life you get what you pay for, and at Casa Cairucu you get a truly exceptional tropical paradise, in fabulous seclusion, that is only accessible by boat. Luis the boatman will taxi you to and from Paraty, but once at the house you won't want to venture far. We were greeted not only by Adrianna the housekeeper, but also a 3ft long lizard, and before we had climbed the steps to the house which is at the same level as the canopy of the trees we had seen hummingbirds, vultures and enough other wildlife to make me download a birds of Brazil app! Truly wonderful. Clear blue seas, warm enough to swim in even in winter, all literally right on the door step. A bar, 100m away, accessible by the sea only, don't worry they accept wet notes, idyllic beaches 30 min trek through the forest is so worth the effort, if you want a beach to yourself, go early in the day. If you don't want to move that far, then sun bath on the jetty outside the house watching the boats go by. A marvelous, top quality house, in a stunning location.
A little taste of paradise. We stayed at Casa Cairucu for 4 nights in April 2014. What a paradise, especially for our early-teenage children! They quickly voted it the champagne moment of our excellent South american holiday. The house is a dream, the outlook restful, the sea temperature was exactly right, the watersports were varied and catered for all ages (12 - 77). The 'life support system' - Harry, Adriana and Flavio - ensured that everything ran smoothly and helped make our stay carefree and memorable. Paraty was a delightful surprise too. Well done Simon and Fabi, and thanks for letting us into your idyllic secret.
Stunning Place for a Family 'Chill-Out'! Loved this place - you can't help but kick off your shoes, mix a caipirinha and take a good book to one of the hammocks, or else walk to the beach or maybe go into the delicious old town of Paraty. We were a family group of 6 aged from 17 to 56 and all had a great time. Adriana came every day and smilingly provided breakfast, Harry was always on hand for practical help. Highly recommended.
We were thrilled with our stay at Casa Cairucu. We were all enchanted with the house and thought the setting was out of this world. As I said in my note in your visitors book; no photo can do the house justice. It needs to be seen to be believed. We had brilliant weather and Adriana was great as was Pablo (the boatman) who took us all out for the day on our second day. We really hope to be back some day soon on another of our visits to Brazil. Until then we will live with lots of happy memories of our magical stay at the house.
Divine House, stunning location, delicious food – what more could we ask for! We all enjoyed every mionute of our stay in lovely Casa Cairucu.
We are having the best time. We have all been barefoot for two days. We kayaked to the big beach today and when we came back the shrimp boat had left us a kilo of shrimp --it is now marinating in olive oil, wine, garlic and waiting to be BBQd. The heads are in the ocean with the kids, in an attempt to catch some fish. Two days ago we received a wonderful tour from Harry of Paraty and tomorrow we go on our boat ride with Pablo. The only downfall is that we are not here for two weeks, six months or a year. Next time.
I told Tim that this is the most beautiful place that I have ever been in my life. He then mentioned other beautiful places we have been to and it is my conclusion, that it is the most pristine, secluded gorgeous location that I have visited.
Adriana is wonderful and her chocolate cake is the best. Thanks for sharing your home.